Welcome – so glad you could join us! Find current Sew-Along information here with post listings, buttons and more.
This 12 page Quiet Book Sew-Along will run from February to November 2014, so your books will be finished just in time for Christmas gifting. I will be posting new tutorials almost every week on Wednesday or Thursday. New posts will be added to the list below so you can follow along. These pattern pieces and tutorials will be always be available, so feel free to join in whenever you can!
Please share your progress! We’d love to see what you are up to, here are some great ways to get involved:
- Join up on Flickr. Join our Sew-Along Flickr group and post your photos, comment and see what other members are sewing as we go. (I did a little tutorial on joining Flickr and posting photos to help you out!)
- Post progress photos on Facebook!
- Post progress photos on Twitter or Instagram! Hashtag your Sew-Along posts with #quietbooksewalong and/or #alongforthreadride
- Blog about it! Blog your progress, it provides a place for you to let us know more about your process! If you’d like to add a Sew-Along button to your blog or post there are 2 available below.
QUIET BOOK SEW-ALONG POSTS
The Original Quiet Book:
- Quiet Book Sew-Along: Overview (If you are new, start here!)
- Yardage Overview: Week 1 (Cover & Page Fabrics, Interfacing, Binding)
- Flickr Update (Where to find us and a Tutorial on joining the Quiet Book Flickr group)
- House Page – Materials List: Week 2
- House Page – Printable Pattern & Tutorial: Week 3
- Mitten Page – Materials List: Week 4
- Mitten Page – Printable Pattern & Tutorial: Week 5
- Purse/Pocket Photo Album Page – Materials & Printable Pattern: Week 6
- Pocket Photo Album Page Tutorial: Week 7
- Purse Photo Album Page Tutorial: Week 8
- Rainbow of Colours Page – Materials List: Week 9
- Rainbow of Colours Page – Tutorial: Week 10
- Puzzle Page – Fabric Prep: Week 11
- Telephone Page – Materials: Week 12
- Telephone Page – Pattern & Tutorial: Week 13